Hiking between Sauerland and Waldecker Land
Discover the magic and power of nature during your hiking holiday. Over 300 km of well signposted hiking trails invite you to roam through shady forests, extensive fields and flowering meadows and discover the land of 1000 mountains.
One of the most modern cable cars in Europe takes hikers and bikers as well as parents with prams and wheelchair users comfortably up the Ettelsberg. Up there, the Hochheideturm awaits you, whose viewing platform at 875 m above sea level even rises above the summits of our eight eight-hundred-metre peaks and is the highest accessible point in north-west Germany.
- Transfer to the starting points and stage destinations (hiking taxi/ on request)
- Hiking maps
- Tour suggestions
- Guided hikes on request, carried out by the municipality, Tuesdays and Thursdays
- Drying room
- Shoe shine machine, shoe storage
- Snacks from the breakfast buffet
- Hire of walking sticks
- Preparation of hiking weeks
Enjoy the beautiful views, the clear air and the rolling landscape on the special hiking trails around Willingen.
- The certified premium hiking trails Rothaarsteig and Uplandsteig lead you to breathtakingly beautiful vantage points.
- The Kyrill Trail gives you an idea of the elemental force with which hurricane Kyrill swept across our peaks in 2007.
- On the contemplation trail you will find something that has become rare: peace and inner reflection.
On your way, streams and lakes will invite you to linger, as will the rustic huts and cosy inns where hospitality is written in capital letters.